General Petron Website Terms & Conditions
These terms (the "Terms") will apply to the web pages www.petron.com, www.petron.com.my and www.petronmiles.com.my including any link to other Petron web sites (hereinafter, each a "Site").
This Site is owned and operated by Petron Corporation ("Petron"), a corporation incorporated and existing under the laws of the Republic of the Philippines. The companies in the Petron group have their own separate identities but in this Site we may sometimes use "Petron", "we" or "us" when we refer to the Petron companies in general or where no useful purpose is served by identifying any particular Petron company.
This Site should not be confused with any other website whether or not the word "Petron" appears as part of the domain name or branding. You are advised to check each page you visit on or from this Site to determine whether you have moved to a third party site.
Please read the Terms carefully before accessing or using this Site. It is understood that upon access of, or by browsing, this Site, or downloading any mobile application from this Site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth below. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not access this Site or download any mobile application.
Petron may modify the Terms, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms. You agree to review the Terms periodically and your continued access or use of this Site shall be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified Terms.
By accessing, browsing and/or using this Site you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- This Site
This Site is protected under applicable copyright laws. This Site and its content (including, but not limited to, text, presentations, figures, images, sounds, information and communications contained on or available through this Site) is maintained and provided by Petron, independent content providers and third parties. The contents of this Site are copyright of Petron, independent content providers, or third parties. All rights reserved. The contents of this Site cannot be reproduced, modified, transferred, distributed, republished, downloaded, posted, stored or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical photocopying or recording without the prior written permission of Petron. Modifications to the contents of this Site and any violation or attempted violation of the security of this Site are expressly prohibited. You agree that the material and content contained within or provided by this Site is for your own personal use only and may not be used for commercial purposes or distributed commercially.
- Use of this Site
Petron, the Petron logo and any other names and symbols of products and services of Petron referred to on this Site are trademarks and intellectual property of Petron, or its subsidiaries or its affiliates, or any third party licensor.
You understand that, except for information, products or services clearly identified as being supplied by Petron, Petron does not in any way operate, control or endorse any information, products or services on the internet. Except for Petron’s identified information, products or services, all other information, products and services offered through this Site or on the internet generally are offered by third parties that are not affiliated with Petron.
You also understand that Petron cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through this Site or its applications will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other codes that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to this Site for the reconstruction of any lost data. You, therefore, assume total responsibility and risk for your use of this Site and the internet.
By submitting any material to us via this Site, email or otherwise, you do so in the knowledge that Petron may use, reproduce, display, copy, modify, distribute or create a derivative work from that content and/or material in any form. Any material that you transmit to or through this Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You warrant that the material is fit for publication and use by Petron and agree to indemnify us if any third party takes action against us in relation to the material that you submit. You further warrant that Petron may, without any cost to Petron, publish the material you submit and/or make use of it or any concepts described in it in its products or services without liability and you agree not to take action against us in relation to it.
Petron does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever (including, without limitation, warranties of title or non-infringement, or the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) with regard to the applications, any merchandise, information or service provided through the applications or on the internet generally, and Petron shall not be liable for any cost or damage arising either directly or indirectly from any such transaction. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services, merchandise and other information provided through the applications or on the internet generally.
Petron does not warrant that the applications in this Site will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the applications will be corrected. The applications and any software made available on this Site are provided on an "as is, as available" basis.
In no event shall Petron be liable for:
any and all damages, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use the service or any information, or any transaction provided on the applications or downloaded or hyper-linked from or to the applications even if Petron or its representatives have been advised of the possibility of such malfunction/breakdown of the service; or
any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies in the applications and/or materials or information downloaded through or hyper-linked from the applications.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Petron, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and any third party information providers to the applications from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of these Terms by you.
Notwithstanding the following, you hold Petron free and harmless from suit or action arising from improper use of data, unauthorized intrusion into this Site and unlawful exposure of data.
- Third Party Rights
The provisions of Paragraphs 2 (Use of this Site) and 3 (Indemnification) of these Terms are for the benefit of Petron and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and any third party information providers to the applications downloaded from this Site. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
- Accuracy of Published Web Content Information
This Site is provided "AS IS". Petron makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the materials included in this Site. You understand that it is your sole responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of any opinion, advice, services or other information provided. The information on this Site may be changed or updated without notice. Petron may also make improvements and/or changes in the products, services and/or programs described on this Site at any time without notice.
Petron shall not be liable to any party for any compensatory, direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or other damages or losses caused by materials or information included in this Site or the modification of such materials or information, or for damages caused by the use of this Site or inability to use or access this Site.
Information provided on this Site is believed to be reliable when posted. However, Petron cannot guarantee that information will be accurate, complete and current at all times. All information in this Site is subject to modification from time to time without notice. Every time you access this Site, make sure that you check this page.
Petron will use reasonable endeavors to maintain this Site in a fully operating condition. Petron reserves the right to make subsequent changes to this Site and services or withdraw access to them.
Petron assumes no responsibility whatsoever for third party sites and pages accessible through links on this Site or for information included therein. Furthermore, Petron should not be interpreted to have endorsed or approved any person, product or service sponsored by such third party sites and pages.
Petron has used its discretion, best judgment and all reasonable efforts in collecting and preparing the information, documents (including copy, graphics, pictures, etc.) or other items provided or available herein, but any such information, document or other item is provided or available without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the warranties of completeness, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of any intellectual property rights.
All statements that may be contained in this Site that are not statements of historical fact constitute "forward-looking statements." Some of these statements can be identified by forward-looking terms, such as, but not limited to, "anticipate", "believe", "can", "could", "estimate", "expect", "intend", "may", "plan", "will" and "would" or similar words. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance. They involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Petron’s actual financial results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future financial results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Accordingly, you should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. In any event, these statements speak only as of the date thereof or the respective dates indicated therein, and Petron undertakes no obligation to update or revise any of them, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Stock market quotes provided on this Site are for information purposes only and are not intended for trading purposes. Petron shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
All Site design, text, graphics, interfaces, and the selection and arrangements thereof are (c) 2013, Petron. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any other use of materials on this Site, including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or republication, without the prior written permission of Petron is strictly prohibited.
All trademarks, service marks, and trade names (collectively, the "Marks") are proprietary to Petron or other respective owners that have granted Petron the right and license to use such Marks.
THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND MATERIALS CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITH NO WARRANTY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PETRON DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO SUCH INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND MATERIALS, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. IN ADDITION, PETRON DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS WEBSITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT.
- Conduct in Use of this Site
As a condition of your use of this Site, you warrant to Petron that you will not use the Site or any downloaded mobile applications for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and that you will not violate or attempting to violate the security of this Site.
You agree not to use the Site to transmit or post any material which is defamatory, offensive or obscene or menacing character or which may in our judgment cause nuisance, annoyance or inconvenience to Petron or which is illegal or unlawful.
It is the policy of Petron to provide special protection to children from all forms of abuse and exploitation and other conditions prejudicial to their development. In this regard, you agree to refrain from transmitting or posting any material which may cause an abuse or exploitation to children. Petron shall report this violation to the authorities, and shall be dealt with accordingly pursuant to Republic Act No. 7610, or the "Special Protection of Children Against Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination Act".
Petron reserves the right to monitor any information transmitted to or posted on this Site. In its sole discretion and without prior notice, Petron may at any time review, remove or otherwise block any material transmitted or posted.
Further, should anyone be allowed to participate in any forum in this Site, please be advised that any material or communication posted on the forum does not represent the views of Petron, unless expressly stated. Petron accepts no responsibility or liability for anything posted on the forum by any user of the forum.
- Governing Law
These Terms are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of the Philippines. In the event of any dispute arising in relation to these Terms or any dispute arising in relation to this Site whether in contract or tort or otherwise, the Philippine courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over such dispute. This Paragraph 10 is for the benefit of Petron only. Petron, therefore, shall not be prevented from taking proceedings relating to the dispute in any other courts with jurisdiction. To the extent allowed by law, Petron may take concurrent proceedings in any number of jurisdictions.
Petron Miles Privilege Card Programme Terms & Conditions
- The Petron Miles Privilege Card Programmecard("Programme") is proprietary to Petron Fuel International Sdn BhdSendirian Berhad. ("Company") where acceptance of any person(s) to the Programme shall be subject to the approval of the Company and once accepted by the Company, participation by any such person ("Cardmember") in the Programme shall be subject to the terms and conditions contained herein. The Programme is open only to Malaysian residents and shall only be invalid at Petron branded service stations ("Service Stations") situated in Malaysia.
- The Programme and any terms and conditions, as amended from time to time, shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia and both Cardmember and the Company agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.
- Any individual desiring to become a Cardmember must complete and submit an application in the form prescribed by the Company and shall be issued with a Petron Miles Privilege card ("the Card"), free of charge, the use of which shall at all times be subject to the terms and conditions contained herein. The Petron Miles Privilege card will not be activated for redemption if details requested in the application form are incomplete. Applicants for the Card must be aged 16 years old and above.
- The Card is not a credit card or charge card and is non-transferable. The use of the Card is solely restricted to the person to whom the Card is issued and for use in connection with the Programme only. The Card cannot be used for making purchases at the Service Stations or the convenience stores located therein and all such purchases are to be made separately by cash or credit cards at the Service Stations.
- The Cardmember warrants and represents that the details and particulars contained in the application form referred to in Clause 3 above provided by the Cardmember shall be true, accurate and complete to the best of their information, knowledgeand belief. Upon receipt of the Card, the Cardmember may commence using the Card for Qualifying Purchases ("as hereinafter defined") for the purposes of accumulating points under the Programme, subject to the terms and conditions herein.
- The Cardmember must notify the Company promptly in writing of any changes to his/her details and/or particulars submitted to the Company or stated in his/her application form. The Company shall not be liable for any claims, demands, liabilities or actions arising out of or in connection with the Programme or the use of the Card where such claims, demands, liabilities or actions would not have arisen but for the Cardmember's failure to notify the Company of such changes.
- The Card shall at all times remain the property of the Company and must be surrendered to the Company immediately upon request. The Company may, at its sole discretion, terminate the membership or Programme or the use of the Card at any time without notice or reason.
- A lost, damaged or defective Card must be reported immediately to the Petron Miles Customer Service Centre at 1300 888 812. If a Card is lost, the Company may at its discretion issue a replacement Card at a cost of 50 Petron Miles points and anydelivery charges incurred shall be charged to the Cardmember. Where a Card is damaged or is defective, a replacement Card will be issued, at the Company's discretion, to the Cardmember. Upon notification of loss, damage or defect, any points resident in the lost, damaged or defective Card may, at the Company's discretion, be credited to the replacement Card. The Company shall not be held liable for the loss of any accumulated points due to loss, damage or defect to the Card. Any fees and/or charges payable by the Cardmember in accordance with this Clause 8 or with any other provisions herein may, at the Company's discretion, be paid by way of deduction of equivalent points based on the then prevailing rate, as may be determined by the Company from time to time.
- A Cardmember may at any time terminate his/her membership by returning the Card, cut in half, to the Company by personal delivery to any participating Service Stations or by way of registered post to Company. In such an event, the Company shall not be responsible or liable for any unredeemed points which shall be forfeited upon such termination by Cardmember.
- Use of the Card by the Cardmember shall constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- All members shall only be entitled to one Card each.
- Points will be awarded to a Cardmember having possession of a valid Card and presenting it to the pump attendants / cashier of the participating Service Stations for the purchases of such items as the Company shall designate from time to time in its absolute discretion ("Qualifying Purchases"). The Card must be presented to the cashier before making the purchase, failing which, points will not be credited. Any purchases other than the Qualifying Purchases shall not be considered as Qualifying Purchases and shall not be awarded any points, unless otherwise notified by the Company.
- In the case where valid Qualifying Purchases were made but were not recorded, Cardmembers shall be required to provide proof of purchase including receipts before points can be awarded for such valid Qualifying Purchases. the Company reserves the right to accept or reject such proof at its absolute discretion. In any event, claims for such points shall not be entertained if not made within the same day of purchase.
- Once the Card is credited with points corresponding to the Qualifying Purchases, a transaction receipt prepared by the cashier at the Service Station shall be issued to the Cardmember. Such transaction receipt shall be conclusive record of the Qualifying Purchases made and the points accumulated thereon. The receipt shall contain details of Cardmember's Qualifying Purchases and Cardmember's points account and summary. No monthly statement will be sent to the Cardmember.
- The points awarded and credited to the Card cannot be transferred or assigned to another Card or any other card issued by or on behalf of the Company or combined or aggregated with the points of such Card or card or otherwise dealt with except in accordance with this Agreement. Points have no cash or monetary value.
- The Company reserves the right to determine, vary or change from time to time the qualifying goods and services and/or number of point to be awarded for each Ringgit spent for Qualifying Purchases without prior notice or assigning any reasons whatsoever.
- Points accumulated in Cardmember's Card will expire in the event Cardmember does not make any Qualifying Purchase and earn any points within twelve (12) months from the date the last points were awarded. In such event, the Card will be cancelled and accumulated points will be forfeited at the discretion of the Company and without notice to Cardmember
- PointsWhere points are awarded to Cardmember by Other Merchants, the Cardmember expressly consents to the Company to release the whole or any part of the Cardmember's personal and transaction information to the Other Merchants by signing and submitting the application form referred to in Clause 3 above. The Cardmember by signing and submitting the application form confirms that they have read, understood and agree with the terms of Clause 35 of this terms and conditions of this Programme. The Cardmember's Aaccount is automatically linked to the account of the Other Merchants through an Identity Card number match and relevant information that was provided to both parties. Cardmember is solely responsible to ensure that identical data is provided to the Company orandOther MerchantsBusiness Partners for the purposes of any such award of points. Company shall not be held responsible or liable for any points not awarded by Other Merchants for Cardmember's failure to provide accurate or correct personal data or information.
- A Cardmember who has accumulated sufficient points in his/her Card and is eligible, subject to meeting any conditions that the Company may impose, may redeem the same for such items ("Rewards"), as the Company shall designate from time to time at its absolute discretion, which Rewards shall be listed in the then prevailing Rewards Guide and shall be subject to the terms and conditions therein.
- All Rewards are subject to availability and the Company has the right to substitute the redemption rewards with other items of similar value in the event the requested rewards are out of stock or unavailable for whatsoever reason.
- Upon redemption of any particular Reward, accumulated points recorded in Cardmember's account will be reduced by the corresponding number of points stipulated in the then prevailing Rewards Guide for the specific Reward.
- Cardmember may also redeem such Rewards specified in the then prevailing Rewards Guide (excluding items redeemed from service stations) by order and to be delivered to the Cardmember's address as listed in the Company's records by completing an order form set out in the Rewards Guide. All deliveries shall only be made to an address within Malaysia and shall be deemed delivered when sent by post or registered mail or courier to such address, as the Company deems fit. Company will endeavor to deliver the redeemed Reward to Cardmember within 4 weeks upon receiving the Rewards order form from the Cardmember. All Rewards delivered do not include installation cost, batteries etc and is on an as-is where is basis.
- The Cardmember may refer to the Rewards Guide for items available for redemption, which shall be for the purpose of information only and shall not be construed as constituting any representation or warranty as to their availability. Further, the Company gives no representation or warranty with respect to any products and/or services featured in the Rewards Guide. Company gives no warranty with respect to the quality of the Rewards or their suitability for any purpose. Where the Rewards are covered under any manufacturers' warranty, any disputes or claims shall be forwarded directly to the manufacturers concerned.
- Company does not accept liability whatsoever with respect to Rewards supplied or in connection with any refusal by supplier of Rewards to accept certificates/vouchers issued for the purpose of redeeming such Rewards. Any dispute arising from or in connection with such certificates/vouchers shall be solely between the Cardmember and such suppliers.
- For Rewards that are to be redeemed from participating Service Stations or supplier of Rewards as shall be appointed by the Company from time to time, the Cardmember shall present his/her Card and national identity card (NRIC) for Rewards redemption and shall comply with any terms and conditions imposed by such participating Service Stations or supplier of Rewards. Rewards, once redeemed, cannot be revoked, exchanged, returned, or refunded. In any and all circumstances, any deduction of points from the Cardmember's account shall not be reversed.
- The Cardmember is responsible to examine, immediately upon receipt, the Rewards for any defects or damage, whether in its packaging or otherwise, and to verify the contents of the Rewards. Where the Reward or its packaging is found to be damaged or defective or that the contents therein is incomplete / damage, the Rewards be immediately returned in the following manner:
- (i) in respect of redemption at the Mart, Cardmember must return the Rewards immediately to the cashier at the Service Stations.
- (ii) in respect of redemption of rewards from the Rewards Guide and delivered to Cardmember's address listed in the Company's records, Cardmember must return the Rewards immediately to the person delivering the Rewards. Any attempt to return the Rewards falling under this category to Service Station at a later date will not be accepted.
- Alternatively, the Cardmember can choose to contact Petron Miles Customer Service Centre at 1300 888 812 to lodge a complaint of faulty or damaged Rewards within seven (7) days of receiving the Rewards.
- Company reserves the right to reject any request for the replacement of faulty or damaged Rewards should the Cardmember fail to return the same in the manner and within the time period set out in Clauses 26 and 27
- Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary, the Company reserves the right not to provide any replacement Rewards if in the Company's opinion the item is found to be damaged or rendered faulty due to the negligence or deliberate acts of the Cardmember.
- Company or its representative shall not be held liable for any death or injury or consequential loss or damage of any nature arising from the redemption, supply or use of the Rewards or from the loss, theft or destruction of the Rewards. All such claims shall be directed or forwarded to the manufacturers concerned.
- Notwithstanding any other provisions and without prejudice to any other rights and remedies stated herein, the Company reserves the right to deduct accumulated points from the Cardmember's account or refuse the redemption of any Rewards or to recall such redeemed Rewards under the following circumstances:
- a) points suspected to be fraudulently recorded or obtained;
- b) any points erroneously awarded due to system glitches or any other reasons;
- c) any points derived from any transaction, which has been cancelled, voided, refunded or reversed; or
- d) any points derived from the purchase of inventory and stocks by a Cardmember who is appointed to operate, manage or work at a Service Station.
- Company has the right, without prior notice and assigning any reasons whatsoever, to determine and change from time to time:
- a) the Rewards offered in the Programme as listed in the Rewards Guide or in any other documents; and
- b) the qualifying points required for redemption of Rewards.
- The Cardmember agrees that the Company may from time to time, without giving prior notice to the Cardmember vary, add or amend the terms and conditions herein set out. In the event the Cardmember is not agreeable to such variation, addition and/or amendments, the Cardmember shall surrender the card and return the same, cut in half, to the Company, by personal delivery to any participating Service Stations or by way of registered post within seven (7) working days from the date of such variation, addition or amendment, failing which the Cardmember shall be deemed to have accepted the variation, addition and/or amendments of the terms and conditions herein.
- Company reserves the right to invite or allow any other companies to participate in the Programme and in such event to modify the Programme and any of the terms and conditions provided herein or other agreements or documents relating to the Programme, including the terms and conditions in relation to Rewards redemption.
- The PDPA governs the processing of Cardmember's personal data (“Personal Data”) by the Company. This Notice is issued to Cardmember to inform that this is the basis upon which the processing of the Personal Data is done by the Company.
In respect of the Programme and Card, the Cardmember have, or may have, provided Personal Data that includes, but is not limited to full name, national identity card number (NRIC), personal address, personal telephone number, personal mobile telephone number and personal email address.
In the event that the Cardmember do not provide the Personal Data to the Company or places any limitations on the processing of such Personal Data, the Company may be unable to provide services or this may adversely affect the continuity of any servicesprovided by the Companyin respect of the Programme or Card.
- Purpose: The Cardmember agree that the Personal Data may be used by Company for the purposes below.
- (i) To associate the Card to the Cardmember and to update information (if required);
- (ii) To process the application by the Cardmember for related services;
- (iii) Management, operation and maintenance of Cardmember's account, system including audit and exercising the rights of the Company under the terms and conditions;
- (iv) Designing new or improving existing services provided by Company and our affiliates;
- (v) Communication by Company to Cardmember;
- (vi) Investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transaction and research for service improvement;
- (vii) Prevention or detection of crime or fraud; and
- (viii) Disclosure as required by law, rules, regulations, codes or guidelines.
- Transfer: Cardmember's Personal Data will kept confidential by Company but Cardmember agree that for the purposes set out in clause 35(a) above, Company may transfer or disclose such Personal Data to the following parties within or outside of Malaysia:
- (i) Other Merchants or any Participating Merchants which owe a duty of confidentiality to Company and which Cardmember have selected to register, redeem, use, utilise or purchase their services or products via the Card or the Programme;
- (ii) Company's agents or contractors under a duty of confidentialityto Company providing administrative, telecommunications, data processing or other services to Company in relation with the operation of the Card, Programme or business of the Company (such as but not limited to professional advisers, customer call centre service providers, gift redemption centres or data entry companies);
- (iii) Any of our affiliates which owe a duty of care to Company; and
- (iv) Any law enforcement agency and/or regulatory body for compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or guidelines and/or any person or entity to whom the Company and/or its affiliates are under a binding obligation to make disclosureunder the requirements of any law, rule, regulations, code and/or guideline and/or order of any competent court of law, law enforcement agencies and/or regulatory bodies.
- Access: Cardmember have the right to request access to and to request correction of the relevant Cardmember's Personal Data. Company reserves the right to charge the Cardmember a reasonable fee for complying with any such request for access and correction of Personal Data held by the Company.Any Personal Data access request should be made in writing by Cardmember by requesting for a customer request form from any participating Service Station or the Cardmember may choose to contact Petron Miles Customer Service Centre at 1300 888 812.
Nothing in this Notice shall limit your rights under the PDPA.
- Purpose: The Cardmember agree that the Personal Data may be used by Company for the purposes below.
- The Cardmember shall take necessary security measures to ensure the proper and valid use of the Card.
- Company shall not be liable, in the absence of willful misconduct or negligence on the part of the Company or its employees for any loss or damage suffered by the Cardmember arising out of or in connection with the use of the Card.
- Company shall not be liable for any loss of accumulated points or loss or damage suffered as a result of any defect or error in any machines or inability to retrieve any information or data from the computer system.
- Without prejudice to any other terms and conditions set out herein, any liability the Company may have to Cardmembers arising out of the use of the Card or the redemption of Rewards which cannot be excluded or which is not already provided herein is hereby limited, where permitted, to the reinstatement of such points or cost of such Rewards as the Company shall at its discretion determine.
- Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused to the Cardmember arising from any act or omission of the operator of any Service Station and/or the Company's appointed agents and contractors or suppliers including without limitation, any refusal to honor or accept the Card or any statement or other communication made in connection herewith or any defective or deficient goods or services supplied. Any dispute or claim the Cardmember may have with or against the operator of a Service Station and/or the Company's appointed agents and contractors or suppliers shall not affect the obligations of the Cardmember under these terms and conditions.
- All conditions and warranties, whether expressed or implied and whether arising under any legislation or otherwise, as to the condition, suitability, quality, fitness or safety of any goods and/or services supplied in relation to the Card are expressly excluded to the extent permitted by law.
- Company shall not be liable howsoever for any errors, delays, loss or damage, which may be directly or indirectly due to breakdown, failure of machinery or the processor; or industry dispute, war, act of God, system failure and anything outside the control of the Company.
- Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Cardmember due to the following reasons:
- a) any delay or failure in replacing the Card;
- b) any damage to any Reward in the course of delivery or post;
- c) any failure by the Reward supplier to abide by the terms and conditions on which it has agreed to provide the Reward;
- d) any statement, communication or implication arising from any revocation, suspension or restriction of the use of the Card; and
- e) any failure or omission to notify the Cardmember of any changes in the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Rewards Guide, participating companies, Qualifying Purchases and points awarded for Qualifying Purchases.
- Any claim or disputes relating to the Programme or the use of the Card shall be referred directly to the Company for decision, whose decision shall be final and binding on the Cardmember and the Company's records of all matters relating to 8the Programme shall be conclusive and binding on the Cardmember.
- Company reserves the right to withdraw or terminate the Programme at any time without assigning any reasons therefore. Upon notification of the withdrawal or termination, the Cardmember shall have one (1) month from the date of the notification or such period as the Company shall state in such notice, to redeem accumulated points for available Rewards. Upon expiry of the aforesaid notice, the points remaining in the Cardmember's account shall be nullified and invalidated and the Company shall have no obligations or liabilities in respect of such points, by way of compensation or otherwise, to the Cardmember and the Cardmember shall have no further claims whatsoever against the Company.
- A notice shall be deemed to be given by the Company to a Cardmember if it is posted to the latest address of the Cardmember appearing in the Cardmember's records or the application form submitted by the Cardmember or by way of a notice displayed at Service Stations.
- Notwithstanding anything in this Agreement, the Company's rights and entitlement under this Agreement shall continue to remain in full force and effect and shall survive any cancellation, revocation or suspension of the Programme, the use of the Card or the Cardmember's participation in the Programme.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any of the provisions herein or any part thereof shall not substantially nullify the underlying intent of this Agreement and the invalid or unenforceable provisions of this Agreement shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the other terms and provisions herein contained which shall remain in full force and effect.
- The terms and conditions herein stated shall be in addition to and not in derogation of any specific agreement or arrangement with regard to the Programme now or hereafter, and from time to time, subsisting between the Company and the Cardmember or any terms and conditions that may be specified in any written communication sent by the Company to the Cardmember from time to time.
- Any abuse or fraud with respect to points under the Programme or redemption of Rewards will result in the cancellation of the Cardmember's participation in the Programme, cancellation of the Card and revocation of points or return of redeemed Rewards (or its reasonable compensation thereto).
- Company reserves the right to cancel any Cards that have not been used for any continuous period of 12 months and forfeit any points accumulated thereunder.
- Company shall have the right to freely assign, at any time, to any affiliate or third party, these terms and conditions, the Programme, the ownership of the Cards and/or the Cardmember's account in respect of the Programme and/or any of its rights, obligations or liabilities hereunder, without the consent of the Cardmember.
- In case of any discrepancy between the English and Malay versions, the English version shall prevail.
- The laws of Malaysia shall govern this Agreement between the Company and the Cardmember. The parties hereby submit irrevocably to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.
Accumulation of Points
Personal Data Processing Statement relating to Cardmember (this “Notice”) in accordance to Personal Data Protection Act, 2010 (“PDPA”)
Security of Card
Exclusion of Liability
GST and how does it apply at Petron
- GST or “Goods and Services Tax” also known as Value Added Tax, or “VAT” in some countries is a broad based consumption tax covering all sectors of the economy. This tax is applied to all goods and services made in Malaysia including imports except specific goods and services which are categorized under zero rated supply and exempt supply orders as gazetted by the Minister of Finance (“MoF”).
- GST, at 6% is effectively replacing the existing Sales & Services tax in Malaysia.
- All petroleum products are subject to GST at standard rate. However, RON95, Diesel and Liquiefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) are currently given relief under Section 56(3)(b) of the Goods and Service Tax Act 2014. This means that these products would not be subjected to GST for now.
- Standard rated supplies such as RON97, lubricants and most of C-Store items (examples include chocolates, carbonated drinks, snacks), which will be subjected to 6% GST upon purchase.
- At Petron service stations, displayed prices (where applicable) are inclusive of GST. The receipt of purchase will indicate the price of product, 6% GST and the total amount paid by consumer.
- Zero rated supplies are taxable supplies which are subject to GST at the rate of a zero. This includes basic necessities such as livestock, fruits, vegetables, sugar, etc.
- Exempt supplies are non taxable supplies which are not subject to GST when supplied to the consumer. Examples include toll, education, medical equipments, etc.
- It be awarded the same amount of points cutomer spend with Petron.
- For example, spending RM50 will still earn 50 PETRON MILES Points!PETRON MILES Points will continue to feature no expiry date* for any form of redemption.
- At least 1 spending transaction with Petron for the previous 12 months.
- When redeeming fuel, consumer will still enjoy the same 3,000 PETRON MILES Points = RM45 [inclusive of 6% GST if applicable] of eligible fuel products.
- Similarly at the Mart, consumer will still enjoy the same 100 PETRON MILES Points = RM1 inclusive of 6% GST.